Apple Date Granola Bread (Bread Machine)
The applesauce and apple juice should be at room temperature. Look for unsweetened granola; if unavailable, decrease the honey by 1-2 teaspoons depending on the natural level of sweetness of the granola. Can substitute muesli for the granola.
- Ready In:
1 1/2 pound loaf
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 2⁄3 cup pitted dates
- 1⁄3 cup granola cereal (unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast or 1 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
- Add ingredients into baking pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Insert pan into the oven chamber.
- Select the Whole Wheat Cycle.
- When the baking cycle ends, immediately remove the bread from the pan and place it on a rack.
- Let cool to room temperature before slicing.