Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
From an old magazine.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef chuck, cut into 1 -inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 16 ounces tomatoes
- 3 carrots, sliced lengthwise and crosswise
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups mostaccioli pasta, uncooked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Coat meat with a mixture of the flour, paprika, chili powder and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and pepper.
- In skillet, brown meat in oil.
- Stir in tomatoes; add carrots.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add water, onion, celery, mostacciola and the 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Bring to boiling.
- Pour into a 3-quart casserole.
- Bake in a 350°F oven, stirring occasionally for 1 hour or until vegetables and meat are tender.
easy and good = 4 stars......thanks