Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Believe it or not but this soup gets its flavor from hamburger Helper.When my husband was alive and the kids were home,I had to double the batch.Thats how good it is,and easy to prepare. The recipe is from Womans Day Magazine
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 8 ounces hamburger helper mix for chili tomatoes
- 5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces whole tomatoes
- 8 ounces whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- Cook and stir beef, onion and green pepper in Dutch oven until beef is brown-drain. Stir in sauce.
- Mix-water-chili powder-garlic salt-salt and tomatoes with liquid-break up with fork-Heat to boiling-.
- Stirring occasionally-10 minutes-stir in macaroni-corn with liquid and olives. Cover and cook 10.
- Minutes longer. Garnish with corn chips, if desired.