1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This is an excellent way to serve liver as a complete meal. The liver is so tender and full of flavor baked with the other vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 lb beef liver, cut into 2 inch strips
- 1/2 cup of chopped celery
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 6 medium potatoes, pared and halved
- 6 carrots, cut in 2 inch pieces
- 1Saute the bacon in skillet until crisp.
- 2Drain and crumble.
- 3Reserve pan drippings.
- 4Combine 4 Tbs of the flour, the pkg. of dry onion soup mix, salt, and pepper.
- 5Put into a paper sack.
- 6Add the liver strips and shake until dredged in the flour.
- 7Save the flour that remains.
- 8Saute liver, celery and onion in bacon drippings until liver is brown.
- 9Place in a 2 quart casserole.
- 10Top with crumbled bacon.
- 11Add bouillon.
- 12Bake, covered, in a 350 degreeF.oven for 30 minutes.
- 13Add potatoes and carrots and bake, covered, for 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 14Remove the meat and vegetables to a warm platter.
- 15Add the flour remaingin in the sack to the skillet.
- 16Stir in to the liquid from the casserole.
- 17Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- 18Pour over liver and vegetables and serve.
Browse Our Top Beef Organ Meats Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beef Organ Meats Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Liver & Bacon Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (633 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 616.8
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 327.3 mg
- Sodium 1762.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 37.9 g