Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is an excellent way to serve liver as a complete meal. The liver is so tender and full of flavor baked with the other vegetables.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 lb beef liver, cut into 2 inch strips
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped onion
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 6 medium potatoes, pared and halved
- 6 carrots, cut in 2 inch pieces
- Saute the bacon in skillet until crisp.
- Drain and crumble.
- Reserve pan drippings.
- Combine 4 Tbs of the flour, the pkg. of dry onion soup mix, salt, and pepper.
- Put into a paper sack.
- Add the liver strips and shake until dredged in the flour.
- Save the flour that remains.
- Saute liver, celery and onion in bacon drippings until liver is brown.
- Place in a 2 quart casserole.
- Top with crumbled bacon.
- Add bouillon.
- Bake, covered, in a 350 degreeF.oven for 30 minutes.
- Add potatoes and carrots and bake, covered, for 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove the meat and vegetables to a warm platter.
- Add the flour remaingin in the sack to the skillet.
- Stir in to the liquid from the casserole.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Pour over liver and vegetables and serve.