Recipe by DailyInspiration
Have not tried this yet, but it sounds delicious. Recipe is from Cooking Light Magazine.
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley (plus 2 tbsp., divided)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups English cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pita bread, quartered (6 inch size)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Combine beef, 1/4 cup parsley, cilantro and next 5 ingredients (through cinnamon) in a medium bowl. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2 inch thick patty. Add patties to pan; cook 3 minutes per side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Combine cucumber and vinegar in a medium bowl; toss well. Combine yogurt, remaining 2 tablespoons parsley, juice, and pepper in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Arrange 1 patty and 1/2 cup cucumber mixture on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with about 2 tablespoons yogurt sauce. Serve each with 2 pita wedges.