Recipe by KMLWPA
This is the only recipe I ever use for jerky. I like it because it's not spicy hot and it has no sugar. I always make at least a double batch- it doesn't last long at our house!
- 3 lbs beef roast (I usually use rump)
- 1⁄2 cup dark soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (Lawry's)
- 2⁄3 teaspoon pepper
- 2⁄3 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Accent seasoning (MSG)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a gallon size zip-top bag, combine all ingredients except meat. Close and shake to mix well.
- Remove all fat from meat. Slice meat into very thin strips. This is easier to do if meat is partially frozen.
- Place in marinade and shake and squeeze bag to completely cover meat in marinade. Allow to marinate at least overnight.
- Remove meat from marinade and discard remaining marinade. Place meat strips on dehydrator trays and dry for several hours. Drying time will vary depending on dehydrator and thickness of meat. Store in zip-top bags.