Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe posted by request.
- 6 lbs chuck roast, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 cups water
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 onions, chopped
- 16 allspice berries
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 12 potatoes
- Heat cooker, add oil and brown meat.
- Season meat with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Add water, garlic, onions, allspice and tomato paste.
- Place potatoes around meat.
- Close cover securely.
- Place pressure regulator on vent pipe and cook 15 minutes at 15 pounds pressure.
- Let pressure drop of its own accord.
Very simple to make. I added onion soup mix, 1/2 c. of red wine and some fresh thyme. I didn't have allspice berries and also don't have a pressure cooker so I just cooked it on the stove on a low fire for the whole afternoon. And it turned out well. Thanks for a good recipe Di.