Recipe by afr0bunny
our favourite beef fried rice - i think it originally came from food and wine, but it's been so long i cant remember
Top Review by Christy M. From Indiana
Not bad at all. My first time attempting beef fried rice at home. Although not exactly like the chinese restaurant style,it is still good indeed. Thanks so much for sharing!
- 1 lb sirloin, trimmed of most fat,cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, plus
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice, cooked
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 bunch watercress, lg stems removed
- 1 egg, beated to mix
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil, pref. peanut
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- marinate beef for 20 minutes in 1 tsp soy, 1 tsp sesame oil, and a pinch of red pepper flakes boil rice in salted water for 10 minutes.
- drain heat a large nonstick wok or pan on high.
- brown beef and remove, pouring any juices over the cubes add 1 tsp soy and watercress to wok, when watercress is wilted, remove reduce heat to medium add a few drops of sesame oil and the egg.
- cook egg.
- remove and dice large raise heat to med-high add peanut oil, scallions, and pinch red pepper flakes.
- cook for 1 minute add rice and garlic, stirring constantly for 3 minutes add 2 tsp soy, the beef, watercress, and egg, stirring for 1-2 minutes drizzle with remaining sesame oil and serve.