Recipe by FrVanilla
This is a simple beef curry that my husband and I enjoy. It's not too spicy, so feel free to adjust the curry to taste. Make sure to use a good curry, because it really is important to get the right taste. If you want extra heat, add scotch bonnet pepper.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb stewing beef
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 -3 tablespoon curry powder (depends on your taste)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Season beef with salt, pepper, curry and ginger.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and brown the beef on all sides.
- Add the garlic and onions in the skillet until tender. Mix in the juice from the tomatoes, beef broth, and water. Chop tomatoes and add.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer over very low heat for 1 hour or until meat is very tender.
- Serve over rice.