Recipe by chia
i used to make this a lot when the kids were younger and i guess i forgot about it. i had several pounds of ground beef and wanted to do something different, remembered this easy recipe, and we had a great dinner. i served this with yellow rice and corn salsa.
Top Review by FrenchBunny
Had these tonight for supper. We really enjoyed them. These were just so quick to put together. The flavors really blended well. I did add some salt while it was simmering a bit. I haven't had refried beans in such a long time I forgot how mushy it was. My DD didn't want to try them cause she doesn't like whole beans, so I showed her the can and how mashed up they were. She really liked it and ate it up. I had mine with some salsa ...delicious. Served with Recipe #227829 Made for ZWT5
- 1 lb ground beef round
- 1 (14 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (2 ounce) can mild green chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons chili powder, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin (to taste)
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 flour tortillas
- sour cream (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350.
- sauté beef and onion in a skillet until browned, breaking up larger pieces.
- drain fat.
- add chili powder and cumin, stir.
- add refried beans and stir to incorporate, add the green chilies and tomato sauce.
- cook until some liquid is absorbed.
- heat tortillas in oven, or microwave a few minutes until pliable.
- spread each tortilla with a few tablespoons of beef mixture down the middle.
- sprinkle with cheddar to cover.
- fold each side over and secure with toothpicks.
- bake 20-30 minutes until cheese is melted.
- serve with salsa, sour cream, guacamole, etc.