Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
i used to make this a lot when the kids were younger and i guess i forgot about it. i had several pounds of ground beef and wanted to do something different, remembered this easy recipe, and we had a great dinner. i served this with yellow rice and corn salsa.
- 1 lb ground beef round
- 1 (14 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (2 ounce) can mild green chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons chili powder, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin (to taste)
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 flour tortillas
- sour cream (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- preheat oven to 350.
- sauté beef and onion in a skillet until browned, breaking up larger pieces.
- drain fat.
- add chili powder and cumin, stir.
- add refried beans and stir to incorporate, add the green chilies and tomato sauce.
- cook until some liquid is absorbed.
- heat tortillas in oven, or microwave a few minutes until pliable.
- spread each tortilla with a few tablespoons of beef mixture down the middle.
- sprinkle with cheddar to cover.
- fold each side over and secure with toothpicks.
- bake 20-30 minutes until cheese is melted.
- serve with salsa, sour cream, guacamole, etc.
Had these tonight for supper. We really enjoyed them. These were just so quick to put together. The flavors really blended well. I did add some salt while it was simmering a bit. I haven't had refried beans in such a long time I forgot how mushy it was. My DD didn't want to try them cause she doesn't like whole beans, so I showed her the can and how mashed up they were. She really liked it and ate it up. I had mine with some salsa ...delicious. Served with Recipe #227829 Made for ZWT5
Muy bien! Muy bien! I just love these burritos. At first, I could particularly taste some of the spices but baking them made them blend well with the rest. I also love that it was baked as it held its shape better afterwards and made it more attractive and crunchier. I served it with Recipe #352398 , salsa and sour cream as recommended. Muchas gracias! Made for ZWT5's The Chow Hounds.
I took this over to a friend's house as the main dish for a mexican dinner. I doubled the recipe but only used 1- 2 oz. can of green chilies, 1 1/2 cans of refried beans and 1- 8 oz. can of tomato sauce. We topped the burritos off with salsa and sour cream. Thanks, chia.