8 hrs 15 mins
From The Everyday Low Carb Slow Cooker Cookbook. Per Serving: 585 calories, 43g protein, 9 net carbs, 37g fat, 140mg cholesterol, 1431mg sodium
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 pieces cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups red wine
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 (10 ounce) packages mushrooms, quartered
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 lbs beef stew meat, fat trimmed
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 1Add first 10 ingredients (bacon through tapioca) to crockpot; stir well to combine.
- 2In medium skillet, over med heat, warm 1 tbsp oil; add mushrooms and celery salt to the pan.
- 3Increase heat to med-high and cook mushrooms until they are browned and have given off their liquid (about 5 min).
- 4Drain mushrooms and add them to the crockpot.
- 5Return skillet to heat, add remaining olive oil and brown the beef in the oil.
- 6Add the beef and onions to the crockpot, then stir all ingredients well.
- 7Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
- 8Stir stew well and cook 1 hr more. Remove bay leaf before serving.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Bourguignon - 9 Net Carbs
Serving Size: 1 (473 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.3
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 108.5 mg
- Sodium 715.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 41.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: