Recipe by littleturtle
An easy, yummy Chinese dish. Prep time includes time to marinate the beef.
Top Review by Bangers n'Mash
I tried your original recipe, and whilst it was good I found it rather bland for my taste. The marinade was excellent, and I will use this for other stir-frys. To your recipe I added a small selection of veggies and water chestnuts. I would recommend your recipe. Bangers n'Mash, Mississauga, On. Canada
- 1 lb lean beef
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 1 lb bean sprouts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut beef into very thin slices.
- Mix together the next 5 ingredients, and marinate the beef in this mixture for 1/2 hour.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and saute the beef mixture for 2 minutes.
- Mix together the cornstarch, oil and water and add it to the beef mixture.
- Cook until the cornstarch is clear, and set aside.
- Saute the bean sprouts in a little hot oil for 2 minutes.
- Mix with the beef and serve immediately.