Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is one of my favourites. It is also wonderful made with ground turkey or chicken. It is also really good if you add some grated cheese to the top in the last 5 minutes of cooking. I don't remember where this recipe came from. I have had it for years in my recipe box. Hope you enjoy it.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium cooking onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb lean beef, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 2 medium-size tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 green peppers or 1 red pepper
- Preheat oven to 375f, Heat oil in a skillet over moderate heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook uncovered 5 min.
- Push to one side and add beef.
- Stir occasionally until browned.
- Mix coriander, ginger, tomatoes, brown sugar, parsley, salt, pepper, and peppers in a bowl.
- Add to beef.
- M ix well and transfer to ungreased 1 quart casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered 20 minutes.
- Serve over rice.