This is an easy stew recipe that freezes well and I like to take it to work for lunch in the winter time. I usually double it for more leftovers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean stew meat
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 -2 large potato, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans (french cut or whole)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can English peas
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can carrots, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1Spray bottom of heavy dutch oven.
- 2Braise meat until brown, on med. high heat.
- 3Add beef brot;, turn heat down to simmer and cook until beef is fork tender.
- 4When beef is tender, add potatoes, onions and tomatoes and tomato sauce; continue cooking until potatoes are tender.
- 5Add all the other cans of vegetables. Do not drain vegetables. They are added to help flavor the stock.
- 6Season with salt and pepper, any other herbs you choose for taste, (bay leaf, paprika,a little chili powder.
- 7Note: The canned veggies are already done, so after you add the veggies, you may simmer it long enough to heat the veggies but essentially you are through. The longer you simmer it, the thicker your soup becomes, and more flavor you get.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef and Vegetable Stew
Serving Size: 1 (645 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 666.9
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 75.8 mg
- Sodium 1973.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.9 g
- Sugars 24.0 g
- Protein 39.5 g