Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a version of "tv dinners" that was published in Rachael Ray's magazine. This is much better than "tv dinners," in my opinion.
- 2 large baking potatoes (about 1 1/4 pounds total, peeled, quartered lengthwise and sliced 1/2 inch thick)
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce (such as A.1.)
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen baby peas
- In small saucepan, combine the potatoes and enough salted cold water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain, return to the pot and mash with 6 T cream, 1 t salt and a pinch of pepper; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the ground sirloin with 1 1/2 t salt and 1/2 t pepper.
- Shape into 4 oval patties about 1/2 inch thick; coat with flour.
- In large heavy skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the ground sirloin patties and cook until browned, about 2 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
- Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add onions to the skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring, until slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the beef broth, steak sauce and remaining 6 T cream and bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the peas according to package directions.
- Return the meat patties to the skillet and let simmer in the sauce for about 4 minutes.
- Arrange the patties on plates and spoon the sauce on top.
- Serve the mashed potatoes and peas alongside.