Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is certainly not true to the original moussaka ingredients, but it is still very good.
Make and share this Beef and Potato Moussaka recipe from Food.com.
- 3 large potatoes, peeled
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons chopped oregano
- 3 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Cut the potatoes in quarters and boil in water until almost soft.let cool, then slice into 1/4 inch slices.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, and saute the onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the beef to the skillet and brown for 5 mins, stir in the wine, tomato paste, oregano, and parsley, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes Remove from heat.
- To make the sauce, melt the butter in a small saucepan. Stir in the flour and cook over low heat for 2-3 mins.Slowly whisk in the milk, cooking for 6-8 mins until thickened. Remove from the heat and add the parmesan.
- Grease an 11x7 inch casserole.Put in the beef mixture, then cover with potato slices.
- Pour the sauce on top.
- Mix together the parmesan and breadcrumbs and sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
- Bake in a 350 * oven for 30 mins or until golden.