Recipe by Wildflour
I finally made this for DH the other night after hearing the (basic)recipe for years! Only wish I had made it years ago! REALLY good! (I make it a little bit different).
Top Review by Margie99
I've made this for years and my family loves it. My grandma introduced me to this with regular tater tots and then thinly sliced onions on top of the ground beef. I tried cooking the beef in the pan, draining and then adding the rest of the stuff (this cuts down the grease some). But now I just brown the beef first. I also use cream of chicken soup because some of us don't like mushrooms.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (2 lb) bagore-ida frozen onion tater tots
Directions See How It's Made
- In lightly greased 13x9-inch pan, break up (raw)hamburger evenly onto bottom of pan.
- Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Gently press beef into pan but don't press hard. You don't want it to be compact and come out hard.
- Evenly spread with soup, undiluted.
- Top evenly with tater tots. You'll have just a few left over.
- Bake in 375º oven, uncovered, for 35 minutes.
- Cool 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Top beef with 1 can french-cut green beans, drained. (Then top with soup.).
- Top soup with Sargento 4-Blend Mexican cheese, shredded, 2 cups (then top with tater tots).