Breakfast Tater Tot Casserole
photo by Andi Longmeadow Farm
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces frozen tater tots
- 6 ounces cooked turkey sausage or 5 slices crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 5 -6 large eggs
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup grated colby-monterey jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375F then spray a 9x9 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the tater tots in the bottom of the pan. Next sprinkle the turkey sausage or crumbled bacon over the tater tots.
- Note: If you want to add vegetables, such as mushrooms or green peppers, you should add them along with the meat.
- Whisk the half & half & cream cheese together in a bowl. Once smooth whisk in the eggs & spices then stir in the cheese. Pour over the tater tots then bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Excellent recipe and very adaptable to personal taste and/or whatever you have on hand. I used cream cheese with chives, sharp cheddar cheese and 12 Jimmy Dean pork breakfast sausage links cut into bite-sized pieces. So fast and yummy -- we all enjoyed it with some fresh cantaloupe slices on the side.
I wanted to make something for Easter breakfast and came across this recipe. I didn't have all of the exact ingredients unfortunately, so used what I did have. I used milk instead of half and half. I used whipped cream cheese instead of the block stuff. Sharp cheese and Oscar Mayer real bacon pieces since that's what I had on hand. On my goodness, this is out of this world! I can't wait to make it again, but change up the ingredients even more. Thank you for sharing :o)
I used 40 tater tots in a 7"x11" glass dish. I also used chive and onion creme cheese, which gave it good flavor. Used 5 eggs, 1/4 milk and one cup cheese as called for. For meat, I used 2 chicken/spinach sausages cut up along with onion, mushroom, and red pepper. I only needed to make enough for 2 hungry adults on a rainy Sunday morning! Two pieces left over for hubby later in the week. Will definitely make again.
see 6 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Follower of Jesus: I have a strong faith in God & his love for all of us. He is the first & last in my life and it is my desire to tell others of His greatest gift to us...His Son. Explorer: I love to learn about new cultures & try new foods. While in Morocco I learned to appreciate the use of spices. Wife: I'm married to my best friend. Sister: I am the oldest of six children. Mother: My son lives in CA while my daughter lives close to me. Grandmother: My beautiful granddaughter has stolen my heart.