Recipe by Dancer^
This takeoff on Beef Stroganoff requires only minutes to prepare. We had this for dinner with a tossed salad..very good and filling.
Top Review by tangible*things
A very nice meal indeed! I can't eat mushrooms but removing them didn't detract from the recipe at all...still delicious! This recipe has been added to my 'repeat recipe' list! Thank you for posting this recipe!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can beef gravy
- 1⁄2 cup dairy sour half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pierce potatoes in several places; place on paper towel in microwave oven.
- Microwave on high 10 to 11 minutes or until tender; rearrange halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, in large non-stick skillet, brown ground beef, mushrooms and 2 tablespoons chopped green onions over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking beef up into 3/4 inch crumbles.
- Pour off drippings; season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in gravy and sour half-and-half; heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Cut potatoes lengthwise into quarters; cut each quarter crosswise into halves.
- Arrange 4 potato pieces on each plate; top with 1/4 of the beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining green onions, if desired.