Recipe by Tee Lee
From a Wal-Mart Recipe card. Savory and sweet, these fajitas are sure to please. Cook time does not include time to marinade
Top Review by reneeumiami
Very good. I used venison instead of beef, and made my own fajita marinade from the betty crocker cookbook, adding lime juice. I also took SusieQusie's advise and added peppers to the onion packet. Next time I'll grill the mangoes a bit, too.
- 453.59 g beef sirloin steak, trimmed of fat
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml lime juice
- 29.58 ml fajita seasoning mix
- 14.79 ml fresh oregano, chopped
- 236.59 ml red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 (64 inch) flour tortillas
- 473.18 ml mangoes, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place steak in a ziploc bag.
- Stir together oil, lime juice, fajita seasoning and oregano, reserving 2 tablespoons.
- Pour remaining mixture into bag with meat.
- Refrigerate for 4-24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Place onions on an 18-inch square of aluminum foil.
- Drizzle with reserved lime mixture.
- Bring up two opposite sides of the foil and seal with a double fold.
- Fold remaining ends to completely enclose, leaving space for steam to expand.
- Wrap tortillas tightly in aluminum foil.
- Drain steaks and discard marinade.
- Grill steak for 14-18 minutes for medium-rare (or longer to desired doneness).
- Add package of onions to grill during the last 10 minutes of grilling.
- Add wrapped tortillas to grill during the last 5 minutes of grilling.
- Thinly slice meat and serve with onions and sliced mango in warm tortillas.