Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Leftovers are good reheated the next day and can be frozen.
- 1 cup macaroni, raw
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper, freshly ground
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 ounce mozzarella cheese
- Cook macaroni about 7 minutes.
- Brown meat in largest saucepan and drain off all fat.
- Add garlic, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and cook on low about 5 minutes.
- Add cooked macaroni and tomato soup.
- Heat thoroughly.
- Just before serving add grated cheese.
- Cover and heat until cheese melts.
Yesss! If I didn't find this recipe on here I was going to post it myself... this was one of my favourite weeknight meals that my mom would make for our family. The title is a little deceiving, it's a lot more like Hamburger Helper than chili. But quick, easy, and yummy!
This is very easy. I spiced it up by adding a dash of woster sauce and two tsps of dry chili mix. Oh and a little sugar to take away the acid from the tomato soup. Very good. Even DH commented. Oh almost forgot, we only used 1/4 pound of ground beef and it worked great!