Prep 7 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Chopped
- 2 tablespoons beef base
- 1⁄3 cup celery, Chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, Chopped
- 1 clove garlic, Minced
- 3⁄4 cup macaroni
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 28 ounces tomatoes, Crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper
- 3⁄4 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 cup American cheese
- Place hamburger in large skillet. Separate into small pieces and saute till meat is brown. Remove meat from skillet and drain off most liquid.
- Place pasta in boiling water for 8 minutes and drain.
- Add 1 Tbsp olive oil to skillet and saute onion, celery, peppers, and garlic till soft.
- Add cooked pasta, hamburg, tomatoes, bouillon, parsley, sugar and pepper. Toss ingredients. Simmer slowly for 20-minutes while stirring frequently.
- Serve when flavors have blended.
- A small bowl of dry American cheese should accompany the meal with crusty bread, and green salad.
I made this recipe for 30 people in a corporate cafe. It turned out perfect! The amount of spice was just right. It was also very colorful and pleasing to the eye. Now I will try it with my family. Cafe Cook