Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My DH and I love to host parties. If I try to have a party without this cheeseball everyone asks where it is! It's so easy to make and has so few ingredients that there's no reason not to make it. In fact, I usually make two. My family loves the chopped pecans it is rolled in so they would eat all around the outside and save the middle for last. I finally started adding extra pecans into the cheese mixture to make everyone happy. This goes well with any cracker, but we find we prefer wheat crackers, especially Triscuits with it. (Cook time is actually chill time)
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) jar dried beef (located on the canned meat aisle in the grocery store)
- 5 -6 green onions (They usually come bundled with this approximate amount so I just use the whole bundle)
- 1 1⁄4 cups pecans, finely chopped
- Soften the cream cheese to room temperature.
- Use your food processor to finely mince the dried beef.
- Use your food processor to finely mince the green onions (white bulb and green stalks together).
- Add the beef, the onions and 1/4 cup of pecans to the cream cheese and mix well.
- Form into a ball.
- Roll in remaining chopped pecans.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour (but it's even better if you make it the night before and let the flavors blend).
- Note: I've also made this by making the cheese mixture and adding 1/2 cup pecans instead of 1/4, then used it to stuff celery sticks. That was a hit too!
Best tasting cheese ball and easy to make!
Ok, I have made this again with the proper measurements and I am told it was great! I did not try it because I am vegetarian, but I make it for Thanksgiving and it was requested that I make it again for Christmas, so it must be good!