Recipe by CookinKaren
Recipe came from my Aunt Ellie who served this at family gatherings. It's the ultimate comfort food!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 -3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- 1 cup olive (sliced)
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup scallion (sliced)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef.
- Add garlic and onion and cook until onion is translucent.
- Add stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste and olives and simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Cook noodles according to package directions, drain and let cool.
- In separate bowl, mix together cream cheese, sour cream and green onions.
- Spray 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Layer ingredients alternating with sauce, noodles, cheddar cheese and dollops of cream cheese/sour cream mixture.
- Finish with a layer of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375°F for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and continue to bake for an additional 15 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.