Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
BBQ style beef and beans flavored with chili, cumin and cheddar cheese!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (3oz)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker.
- (Browning ground beef is optional).
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve with buttermilk biscuits.
This was a very tasty dish. I browned the beef first and drained the fat before adding it to the crockpot. Next time I will omit the brown sugar as the BBQ sauce adds enough sweetness for me.
I browned the ground beef first. Added it to the crock pot. Then I added everything. Put it on High for 2hrs and then put it on low. I used Sweet Baby Rays BBQ. With the brown sugar I think it made it sweet for my taste. Next time I will use a different BBQ. Thank You for a another keeper. Hugs
Pretty good, just think BBQ chili.