Recipe by Charmie777
This is something I whipped up with ingredients on hand. Very tasty and quick to the table!
Top Review by internetnut
I gave this 3 stars. This got mixed reviews in my house. My 6 yr old newphew didn't like it. My 8 yr old niece and 4 yr old newphew ate this right up (even though my niece doesn't like beans). I thought this was ok, it was lacking flavor I think I'll add more taco seasoning next time. My future hubby had 2 bowls and said he liked it. I served ours with additional cheddar, crushed corn chips, sour cream and mild salsa. Overall I'll make this again for sure! Thanks for posting a good recipe! Christine (internetnut)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch style beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 cups instant rice, uncooked
- 1 -2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- tortilla chips
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat in a large skillet.
- Add taco seasoning, water, corn, beans and chiles to the skillet. Season to taste with salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and cook on low heat 5 minutes.
- Serve with crushed tortilla chips, sour cream and salsa, if desired.