Smothered Chicken and Green Bean Skillet
From the Kraft Food & Family magazine.
- Ready In:
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Heat large nonstick skillet on med-high heat. Add chicken. Cover. Cook 5-7 minutes per side until done (165deg). Remove from skillet.
- Add green beans, soup, water, and thyme to skillet and cover. Cook 6 minutes, stirring often.
- Return chicken to skillet. Cook 1 minute or until hot.
- Top with cheese and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was a nice and rather quick recipe. The ingredients were great together. Only change I would make the next time is I would use less cheese. The cheese overpowered the other flavors in the recipe. Have leftovers so I am going to add a little more water and another can of cream of mushroom soup and I think it will be great.