Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A very good meal, with 3 kinds of beans, ground beef, and seasonings.
Make and share this Beef and Bean Medley recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans, rinsed, and draained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 (13 ounce) bag corn chips
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- In a medium size skillet, brown ground beef, and onion, drain and transfer to a 4-5 quart slow cooker.
- Add bacon, and all 4 cans of beans.
- In a medium bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, pepper, and oregeno.
- Add to slow cooker and stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- When ready to serve, spoon over corn chips, and sprinkle cheese over top.
Wonderful flavor! Omitted the corn chips. We enjoyed this for lunch today. I'm sure it will become one of our favorites. Easy preparation. Prepared as a participant in the Sept 2009 Aus/NZ Swap #32.