Queen Puff's Note:
The Pioneer Woman whips up so many delicious recipes and even better are her step-by-step instructions with pictures included! She makes everything look so simple and delicious! These burritos are inspired by her burritos recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 (7 ounce) cans tomato sauce, El Patobrand (or enchilada sauce)
- 28 ounces refried beans
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated, plus extra for sprinkling on top
- 12 flour tortillas, burrito size
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- 2Cook onions in a large skillet on medium heat until softened.
- 3Add the ground beef and cook through.
- 4Stir in cumin, chili powder, oregano and salt.
- 5Add in 2 cans of the sauce.
- 6Simmer for 5 minutes, adding water if mixture gets too dry.
- 7Heat refried beans in a saucepan on medium-low heat.
- 8Add cheese to the beans, stirring until melted.
- 9Remove beans from heat.
- 10Heat tortillas in microwave for 1 minute.
- 11Spread a small amount of beans on each tortilla.
- 12Add a small amount of meat on each tortilla.
- 13Fold over ends of tortilla and then roll them up.
- 14Put into a large baking dish and cover with foil to keep warm in oven until ready to serve.
- 15When ready, drizzle remaining can of tomato sauce over all the burritos and sprinkle with more grated cheese.
- 16Return to oven just long enough to melt the cheese.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef and Bean Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.0
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 58.8 mg
- Sodium 893.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 22.6 g