Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
The Pioneer Woman whips up so many delicious recipes and even better are her step-by-step instructions with pictures included! She makes everything look so simple and delicious! These burritos are inspired by her burritos recipe.
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 (7 ounce) cans tomato sauce, El Patobrand (or enchilada sauce)
- 28 ounces refried beans
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated, plus extra for sprinkling on top
- 12 flour tortillas, burrito size
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Cook onions in a large skillet on medium heat until softened.
- Add the ground beef and cook through.
- Stir in cumin, chili powder, oregano and salt.
- Add in 2 cans of the sauce.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, adding water if mixture gets too dry.
- Heat refried beans in a saucepan on medium-low heat.
- Add cheese to the beans, stirring until melted.
- Remove beans from heat.
- Heat tortillas in microwave for 1 minute.
- Spread a small amount of beans on each tortilla.
- Add a small amount of meat on each tortilla.
- Fold over ends of tortilla and then roll them up.
- Put into a large baking dish and cover with foil to keep warm in oven until ready to serve.
- When ready, drizzle remaining can of tomato sauce over all the burritos and sprinkle with more grated cheese.
- Return to oven just long enough to melt the cheese.