Recipe by MISSJ1978
This came from the May 2005 issure of Family Circle Magazine. My better half loves spicy food, but I can only take so much. This recipe is the perfect meet in the middle dish.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained, rinsed, and lightly mashed
- 3 cups garlic cilantro salsa
- 12 fajita-size tortillas
- 2 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)
- 2 ounces colby cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F Grease a 15" x 10" x 1" baking sheet.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet. Add ground beef and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, breaking up with a wooden spoon. Season with salt, oregano, and cumin.
- Add beans and 1 1/2 cups of the salsa and heat through, about 2 minutes.
- Microwave tortillas for 1 minute to soften. Spoon 1/4 cup of filling onto center of each tortilla. Fold up tortilla as if wrapping a package. Place seam-side down on prepared baking sheet.
- Spooon remaining salsa over burritos. Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake at 375F for 10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.