Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2⁄3 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Unroll crescents and divide into the scored triangles.
- Cut cream cheese block into 16 cubes.
- Place one cube at base of each triangle and roll up to enclose cheese.
- Bring ends of crescents together, forming balls.
- Spray 16 muffin cups with nonstick coating.
- Combine remaining ingredients and spoon on to bottoms of muffin cups.
- Place ball of dough in each cup.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly.
- Let cool 1 minute, then immediately invert onto foil.
Yummy little treats that I will make again. Next time I'm going to try them with chopped pecans instead of the slivered almonds just to experiment a little.