1/3 Photos of Becky's Southwest Breakfast Casserole
1 hr 15 mins
Crescent rolls, Jimmy Dean hot breakfast sausage, onions, peppers, salsa and two types of cheese make this a favorite breakfast or brunch dish-- with a Southwest flair! Can be made ahead. Serve warm or at room temperature, accompanied with sour cream and salsa or picante sauce. Deelish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) can crescent rolls
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage (Jimmy Dean Hot Breakfast Sausage)
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chili peppers
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups monterey jack pepper cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, snipped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 -8 eggs
- sour cream, to serve
- salsa, to serve (or picante sauce)
- 1Butter a 13 by 9-inch glass baking dish.
- 2Unroll the rolls and press into bottom of baking dish, sealing perforations and coming halfway up the sides to form a crust.
- 3In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium-high heat, stirring to break up the meat, until browned. Add the onions and green chile peppers, and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes. Add the salsa and garlic powder, and cook, stirring, for one minute. Remove from heat.
- 4Pour sausage mixture over the rolls.
- 5In a large bowl, stir together the two cheeses with the green onions and the cilantro; sprinkle evenly over the sausage.
- 6At this point you may continue, or cover & refrigerate casserole overnight.
- 7In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs with the salt and black pepper; and pour over the top of the casserole.
- 8Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 9Cover casserole with foil and bake for 30 minutes; remove cover and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
- 10Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes before serving. Cut into squares and serve warm or at room temperature, accompanied with sour cream and salsa or picante sauce.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Becky's Southwest Breakfast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.3
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 198.4 mg
- Sodium 533.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 26.6 g