Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Squash, apples and onions piled high in the shells bake into a delicious dish.
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup apple, unpeeled and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- dried parsley
- Slice squash in half, lengthwise. Place face down in a baking dish. Add 1/2 cup water.
- Bake at 350° for 45 min or until flesh is tender and shell is firm enough to be stuffed.
- Meanwhile, sauté the onion and apple in butter until the onion is transparent.
- Stir in cottage cheese and dried parsley.
- Bake (no water in the dish) at 375° for 15 min or until steamy and heated through.