Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tired of the jiggling jellied cranberry sauce from a jar? I adapted this recipe from an Ina Garten recipe and it's perfect for serving with a turkey dinner. It also cans well and makes a great gift!
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 cup water
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 3⁄4 cup pecans or 3⁄4 cup walnuts
- Put water, cranberries and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, until skins start popping.
- Add the chopped apples, citrus zests, and citrus juices. Simmer over medium low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Add raisins and nuts, and remove from the heat.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, and preferably overnight or longer.
- Can be preserved using the water bath canning technique. Process jars for 15 minutes.