Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the best bean salad I have ever tasted. Our whole family loves it, even our picky kids! When we are invited to a BBQ, people always beg us to bring it, so we do..... It's fast,easy and cheap, how can you beat that?
- 1 can cut green beans
- 1 can cut wax beans
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 1 can kidney bean (red or white)
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red peppers or 1⁄2 cup yellow pepper
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup salad oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Drain all beans and rinse.
- Put in a large bowl.
- Add peppers and onions.
- Mix sugar,vinegar and salad oil.
- Pour over bean mixture and all salt and pepper.
- Toss and chill at least 4 hours.
- Serve and enjoy.
Thank you so much for sharing Sassy Sandra. We really enjoy this versatile, easy to make recipe. I have made this several times now, each time a little different and it always turns out just great. This time I added 1 can of lima beans, 3 cloves of fresh minced garlic and 1/4 cup of fresh chopped parsley. Instead of green onions I substituted with chopped sweet vadallia onion