Three Bean Marinated Salad
This recipe was my mom's and it's my favorite bean salad recipe because I grew up eating it. Funny how that matters. LOL Very simple to make and makes enough to take to a picnic or potluck. Be sure to marinate it over night or for at least 6 hours.
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 20mins
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans cut green beans, drained
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans yellow wax beans, drained
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin rings
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and cut into rings
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple cider vinegar (I use Heinz)
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil (I use Crisco)
- 2 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- In a large mixing bowl toss together drained beans, sliced onion rings and bell pepper rings.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl whisk together Apple Cider Vinegar, Sugar, Salt, and Pepper until sugar and salt are mostly dissolved; add Vegetable Oil and continue to whisk until mixture is well incorporated.
- Pour dressing over salad mixture and stir gently.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally to ensure entire salad gets marinating time.