Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 50 mins
This is a nice simple dish to make, the combo of red wine & salsa gives a nice smoky flavour and the meat turns out nice & tender. Recipe from Masterfoods.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic granules or 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 kg beef rump, cubed or 1 kg beef, topside cubed
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 440 g canned red kidney beans, drained
- 300 g chunky salsa
- Heat oil in a pan and cook onions, stirring 4-5 minutes.
- Add garlic & beef, cook until browned, approx 5 mins, add wine & parsley and simmer covered on low for approx 1 hour.
- Add kidney beans & salsa and simmer for a further 30-25 minutes.
- Serve over rice or on its own with some crusty bread.
Used all the ingredients listed except I added some parmesan cheese, and shredded cheese too. Definately scarfed down down by the kids. Have to agree this is a mans neal. Well enjoted. Made for Recipe Swap 33.
This is one of the easiest, yummiest recipes I have made in ages. This is a total man's meal, real meaty which my men love. I made this about a week ago and the photos came out horrible and didn't do it justice at all. When my DH and DS found out I was making this again tonight they were both very excited. My DS hoped the photos wouldn't work out again so it could be made again soon. Well maybe not as soon as last time but this will definitely be enjoyed again and again. I made as is except for adding some Mexican seasoning to the mix. I served ours topped with sour cream and cheese. This is a super recipe Mandy, so easy and totally delicious!! :)
What a lovely dinner. I used all the ingredients except the olive oil & put it all into the crockpot, cooking on high for 8 hours (my crockpot runs slow). At the end I added a quarter cup of cornstarch with water. Next time I may add a little Mexican Chili Powder, but otherwise it was wonderful. Served with some grated cheese & toast. Will definitely make this again. Thanks Mandy for this winner.