Recipe by **Mandy**
This is a nice simple dish to make, the combo of red wine & salsa gives a nice smoky flavour and the meat turns out nice & tender. Recipe from Masterfoods.
Top Review by weekend cooker
Used all the ingredients listed except I added some parmesan cheese, and shredded cheese too. Definately scarfed down down by the kids. Have to agree this is a mans neal. Well enjoted. Made for Recipe Swap 33.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic granules or 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 kg beef rump, cubed or 1 kg beef, topside cubed
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 440 g canned red kidney beans, drained
- 300 g chunky salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a pan and cook onions, stirring 4-5 minutes.
- Add garlic & beef, cook until browned, approx 5 mins, add wine & parsley and simmer covered on low for approx 1 hour.
- Add kidney beans & salsa and simmer for a further 30-25 minutes.
- Serve over rice or on its own with some crusty bread.