Mushrooms & Kale With Red Wine
photo by Bobbin
- Ready In:
- In large saucepan, melt olive oil and butter.
- Add chopped garlic and sliced mushrooms.
- Saute until browned and then add salt & pepper.
- Add chopped kale and wine. Toss and cover.
- Simmer for 8-10 minutes until wilted and tender.
- Before serving salt and pepper to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is outstanding. I didn't have wine on hand so used grape juice instead. I've now made it twice once with butter and once for a strict vegetarian with coconut oil. Both times it was absolutely fantastic. The mushrooms are so very flavorful I'm going to try them with a few other recipes. I'll definitely be making this recipe again!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am the lucky to live in the mountains of western North Carolina. I am a married mom of 2 and step-mom of three. I love to garden and can. I've been collecting cookbooks since I was 7!. I still have my first one that I got from my Nonna. Now that I have millions of recipes at my disposal I don't buy many cookbooks anymore. I do love 19th century homemaking books that makes me grateful for the times in which we live.