Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I forgot how easy it is to whip up a burrito when there's nothing made to eat. These are quick, delicious and hearty! Recipe courtesy of Better Homes New Cookbook Prizewinning Recipes.
- 6 -8 flour tortillas (7-inch or 8-inch )
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 16 ounces refried beans
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup salsa
- sour cream
- Stack tortillas and wrap tightly in foil.
- Heat in a 350 oven for 10 minutes to soften.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a skillet cook onion in hot oil until tender.
- Add refried beans.
- Cook and stir until heated through.
- Spoon about 1/4 of the filling onto each tortilla just below the center and to within 1" of the edge.
- Divide cheese among tortillas.
- Fold bottom edge of each tortilla up and over filling.
- Roll up from the bottom.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a 350 oven about 10 minutes or until heated through.
- To serve, top with lettuce, salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.