Potato Egg and Cheese Burrito
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup left over potato (you can also use french fries which they sometimes do)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 warm flour tortillas
- 2 ounces salsa or 2 ounces Mexican hot sauce, for serving
- Rewarm your leftover potatoes.
- Scramble eggs in a little bit of butter till nice and fluffy.
- Place ingredients in warmed tortilla and sprinkle with cheese.
- Wrap up into burrito form and serve with your favorite tot sauce or salsa.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was a quick and easy and delicious dinner tonight. Even DD consumed hers with spicy salsa. I doubled the recipe, using french fries and shredded Monterey jack cheese. I also added 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika and 1/2 teaspoon diced jalapeno to the eggs. Delicious ~ to be honest, the first time I've had a burrito of this sort ~ I'm such a cautious eater :) Will definitely make these again as this recipe goes in the keeper cookbook. Made for ZWT5 ~ MEXICO!
The comment about using leftover french fries is what convinced me to try this recipe today-- I had a small amount of frozen "steak fries" leftover that I needed to use up. I defrosted them in the microwave, diced them, then sauted them in a skillet in butter with a sprinkle of seasoned salt before adding in the eggs and cheese. The end result was a very tasty breakfast burrito that even my 2 and 6 year-olds enjoyed. Thanks for sharing!