Prep 45 mins
Cook 7 hrs
In 'More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow' by Stephanie O'Dea
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 113.39 g can roasted green chilies, undrained
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 1.23 ml ground cumin
- 8 flour tortillas or 8 brown rice tortillas
- 946.36 ml cooked pinto beans (three 15-ounce cans, drained)
- 946.36 ml shredded Mexican blend cheese
- sour cream
- avocado, slices
- Use a 4-quart slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl, stir the onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, chiles, and spices together.
- Put a layer of tortillas (you may need to tear them to get a nice fit) in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add a scoop of the onion and tomato mixture, and layer on a healthy spoonful of beans and a handful of cheese.
- Top with more tortillas.
- Repeat two more times, finishing with a bunch of cheese on top.
- Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours.
- Cut into slices and serve with the sour cream, salsa, and avocado slices.