Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a good company dish--easy and you can visit while it is baking.
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons oleo, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 chicken (cut up or your choice of chicken pieces)
- Mix all but the chicken pieces together, mixing well.
- Pour mixture over chicken pieces in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 1-1/2 hours at 325°.
- Remove foil for last 30 minutes of cooking.
I substituted butter for oleo and cooked it on the grill (parboiled the chicken first). Excellent! A definite keeper.