Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From the Dirty South Cookbook.
Make and share this BBQ Tofu (Vegan) recipe from Food.com.
- First press the water out of the tofu. Cut the tofu into big pieces and place on a baking sheet, or flat surface. Put a heavy weight on top of the tofu (like a pot fill of cans of vegetables) and let the water drain out of the tofu for about 20 minutes.
- While the tofu is draining, chop all the vegetables and garlic.
- Put in a pot with some oil or margarine, add the spices and cook until onions are soft.
- Add the BBQ sauce, tomato paste, brown sugar, some ketchup and soy sauce (and the worcestershire, if you have it).
- Cook this over low heat for about 20 minutes.
- When tofu is drained, pat dry.
- Then cut into rib sized pieces and fry in a little oil until golden brown.
- Dry off the excess oil, place tofu in a baking pan and pour sauce on top, spreading to cover all the tofu.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.
- After you take this out of the oven, let it sit for a while so the sauce will thicken.