Baked BBQ Tofu
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- bull eyes barbecue sauce (I like honey barbecue from "Moores")
- Drain tofu in cheesecloth or paper towels.
- Cut into 1 inch slices.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Coat tofu with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika and salt and pepper.
- Bake until crispy about 35 minutes checking on it and flipping half way through.
- Heat sauce in a separate pan and serve over tofu when done.
- I like to serve this with home made mash potatoes and a green leafy salad YUM!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was very good! We used extra firm tofu, and Sweet Baby Ray's Original barbeque sauce (it's amazing!). I liked this so much because we were able to make it so quickly. The tofu didn't really get crispy, per se, but it did get browned nicely on both sides, and the tofu retained a similar texture to chicken, but then again, I haven't eaten chicken in 7 years. We served this with Au Gratin potatoes (from Betty Crocker), and those flavors went together well. Thanks for the idea, and for sharing!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
A proud stay at home mom t a wonderful baby boy , and a proud Army wife to a amazing husband, and a pro healthy foods eater and chef.