This is from the website vegetariansrecipes.org. It is a simple recipe but very tasty. Serve over rice (we like it on jasmine rice) or in buns. This is a great alternative for your veg or vegan friends if you are having a southern BBQ party. I've changed it slightly but not too much.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute vegetables in the vegetable oil until the onion is soft and starting to color and the peppers are starting to brown or to your desired level of doneness.
- 2Remove the veg from the pan and add a little more oil and the tofu. Season with the spike seasoning if desired.
- 3Cook until it is brown on all sides.
- 4Return the veg to the pan and add the garlic. I like to add it here so it doesn't burn. Cook and stir until it starts to color slightly.
- 5Add the BBQ sauce and 1/2 the water; stir well.
- 6I like to hold back on adding all the water until it all starts sticking to the bottom and I feel like I need it to help keep it moving.
- 7You want to cook it until the sauce thickens and reduces a little.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ Tofu
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.6
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1034.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 11.2 g