Recipe by Oolala
Don't want to lose this one from Guide to Modern American Cooking. Has some interesting ingredients like taco sauce and raspberry wine vinegar in the sauce that is served with the steak.
- 4 (8 ounce) beef strip steaks, 8 oz. each
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, smashed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup taco sauce
- oil, for brushing steaks
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to high.
- Brush steaks with oil and cook 8-10 minutes depending upon taste (turning 3-4 times). Season after searing.
- Meanwhile heat the butter in a saucepan (nice if you have a side burner).
- Cook onions, garlic and parsley 3-4 minutes over low heat.
- Add vinegar; cook another 3-4 minutes over medium high heat.
- Season and stir in the taco sauce; cook 2-3 minutes on low and serve the sauce with the steak.