Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I am officially addicted to burgers! But not the plain ground beef patties - BORING!! Who says all the good stuff has to go on top of the burger? Since finding some awesome burger recipes on Recipezaar, I've been doing some experimenting on my own. This is my own invention. Warning: measurements are approximate!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce (I used Bull's Eye Bold Original)
- 1⁄4 cup ranch dressing (Kraft Rancher's Choice)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, shredded (I used med. cheddar)
- fine dry breadcrumb, as needed
- Mix all ingredients well.
- If mixture is a little too moist add enough fine dry bread crumbs until the patties hold together well.
- Shape into patties and grill.
- Top with your favourite toppings and enjoy! Try my new favourite burger topping: French's French Fried Onion Rings.
I tried using less dressing so that the meat would be better to work with but DH still have trouble with it on the bbq. It was falling apart. The only one that look good was for the photo. But the taste is really good. Maybe an egg would help but still using less bbq sauce and dressing. Thanks Crystal :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game
The flavor on these burgers were nice, but the texture just didn't work out. I did them on a contact grill and they were more like eating a meatloaf patty, with a crispy exterior. And they stuck horribly to the grill. I wonder if dried ranch mix would work better than actual dressing. I probably won't try this again to find out.
We tried these last night, and I wasn't entirely pleased. They tasted far too salty, and the patties stuck to my barbeque grill and fell apart when I tried to flip them. With some experimentation this recipe may be improved. The flavours of the barbeque sauce and ranch combined were quite nice, but I could do the same with bbq sauce on the burger and ranch spread on the bun. I am intrigued enough to keep trying.