Recipe by Sue Lau
By Hilary Biller. Use prawns 6-8 per pound if you can, otherwise use the largest shrimp available. Don't forget to soak the kebab sticks if using wood. 4zwt
- 1 head garlic, roasted, removed from husk
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 small lemon, juice of
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons curry paste
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 24 large prawns, in shell heads off, deveined and butterflied or 3 lbs large shrimp
- 24 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix roasted garlic, mayonnaise, lemon juice together and season to taste with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Whisk together curry paste, melted butter and oil; marinate prawns in this for about thirty minutes.
- Skewer the prawns lengthwise along the sticks.
- Grill over hot coals 3-5 minutes or until opaque, basting with extra butter mixture as you cook.
- Serve with roasted garlic mayo as a dip.