Sue Lau's Note:
By Hilary Biller. Use prawns 6-8 per pound if you can, otherwise use the largest shrimp available. Don't forget to soak the kebab sticks if using wood. 4zwt
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head garlic, roasted, removed from husk
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 small lemon, juice of
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Mix roasted garlic, mayonnaise, lemon juice together and season to taste with salt and pepper; set aside.
- 2Whisk together curry paste, melted butter and oil; marinate prawns in this for about thirty minutes.
- 3Skewer the prawns lengthwise along the sticks.
- 4Grill over hot coals 3-5 minutes or until opaque, basting with extra butter mixture as you cook.
- 5Serve with roasted garlic mayo as a dip.
Browse Our Top South African Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All South African Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ Prawn Sticks With Roasted Garlic Mayo
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.1
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 60.7 mg
- Sodium 484.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: