Recipe by Smilyn
From Family Circle (May 05). Could be served with coleslaw. Super easy, versatile and quick. I haven't tried it cold, but that would be an idea!
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I made this on 4/17/09 for mine and my SO's dinner. Instead of using the container of BBQ that the recipe called for, some pulled pork that I had in the freezer was used. For the BBQ Sauce a sweet and mild sauce was used.I also used a store bought thin crust since that's what we both like.A little more extra cheese was added since I'm a cheese freak. ;)For a little heat, a sprinkling of crushed red pepper was used instead of the peppers. This was very good, and will be made again. Thanks for posting and, "Keep Smiling :)"
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 1 (18 ounce) containerfully cooked shredded barbecued pork
- 1 fully cooked whole wheat pizza crust
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sliced jalapeno pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Separated onion into rings.
- Heat a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion rings and cook 3 minutes to soften slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat container of BBQ pork in microwave as package directs for 2 minutes.
- Lay pizza crust on pizza pan or cookie sheet.
- Spread with softened onions, BBQ pork, and top with cheddar cheese and jalapeño peppers.
- Bake at 400°F for 12 minutes or until pork is heated through and cheese is melted.
- Cut into wedges and serve hot.